Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Toots Thielemans "Toots!" 1968



1968 may be the grooviest year in popular culture, personally I don't know cause I'm way too young to have experienced that at the place. Even the harmonica och guitar virtuoso Toots Thielemans felt groovy this year. Command Records released this LP 1968 with a typical hipster sound, the music is a kind of soul jazz thing, and it includes a handful of funky tunes. And, like everybody else at the time he recorded a version of  Jimmy Webb's "By The Time I Get To Phoenix". Feelin' groovy!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Golly, Aaron. Where do you find these records. I had to listen to By The Time I Get To Phoenix first, of course. I feel like I'm at a 60s cocktail party wearing my Nehru Jacket, sipping a High-Ball, and chatting up Goldie Hawn. Thanks for the groove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome Johnny! i can almost sen it in front of me. Goldie must have been the hottest one in those days :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your eclectic tastes Aaron! Though Stevie Wonder may be funkier, Toots, in my estimation, is among the most virtuosic chromatic harmonica players ever. Thanks for this share.

    ReplyDelete