Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Chuck Armstrong "Shackin' Up" 1976



This 1976 LP called Shackin' Up is the singer Chuck Armstrongs only album release, he made a bunch of singles earlier (the first from 1969). This is a funky (and groovy) southern soul masterpiece, and it's a shame that this guy doesn't went bigger. He has a strong voice, and when he takes in from the toes he in parts reminds me of James Carr. This LP has only been reissued in Japan earlier - but it's finally available for the rest of us. Groovy!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Aaron - I get everything you post here, but it often takes a while for its turn in my music rotation. So I won't be able to listen for a while. But when I do listen, I find your shares to be quality that is worth hearing. Anyway, this is new to me, thanks for turning me into it. I'm looking forward to playing it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you a lot to listen to - I'm glad I can share some groovy stuff to you, as you share to me:-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support Johnny!

      Delete
  3. Double ditto what G and J said, Aaron. Your blog is a breath of fresh air in an ocean of "same old thing" offerings (not including TLZ in that description)...

    Iggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support Iggy! I'm glad you find some new and unheard groovy stuff:-)

      Delete