Saturday, October 8, 2016

VA - We Got A Feeling! The Groovy Sounds Of The Beatles (1966-1975)




Well, here is a mixtape I made with groovy cover versions of The Beatles. I ain't a big fan of the fab four, but, of course I like them (is there anybody who doesn't?). Personally I think they most often were rather rigid, didn't swing that much. However, here you have a mixtape full of swingin' acts doin' groovy versions of Beatles songs, God bless Yoko Ono. Shake!

01. Sandie Shaw - Love Me Do (1969)
02. The Harvey Averne Dozen - The Word (1968)
03. The 5th Dimension - I've Got A Feeling (1975)
04. Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Something (1972)
05. Harry Nilsson - You Can't Do That (1967)
06. Stardrive with Robert Mason - Strawberry Fields Forever (1973)
07. Gary McFarland - Get Back (1970)
08. Wilson das Neves - Come Together (1970)
09. Katja Ebstein - A Hard Day's Night (1969)
10. Monty Alexander - Let It Be (1970)
11. George Benson - I Want You (She's So Heavy) (1969)
12. Bossa Rio - Eleanor Rigby (1970)
13. Herbie Mann - The Night Before (1966)
14. The Anita Kerr Singers ‎- The Fool On The Hill (1973)
15. Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - With A Little Help From My Friends (1968)
16. Lulu - Good Day Sunshine (1970)
17. Volker Kriegel - Norwegian Wood (1968)
18. Made In Sweden - A Day In The Life (1968)
19. The Sunshine Company - Rain (1967)
20. Vince Guaraldi & Bola Sete - I'm A Loser (1966)


6 comments:

  1. "I ain't a big fan of the fab four."
    Come on. What planet did you say you were from?
    I'm gonna give you a break 'cause I like you. Your mixes are always the best.
    Thank you, Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here is Johnny!!! ;-)

      Well, I like 'em. Abbey Road is amasing (and groovy), Let It Be is underrated. Sgt. Pepper is mostly too silly (I love A Day In The Life). White Album is fabulous in parts. But hey, there's too much "afternoon tea" with the fab four. And I am the opposite to anglophile - no, I ain't such a huge fan of them, I actually prefer all of them solo:-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks aaron for all the great stuff u put on ur great blog.i like the fab four but would not be a big fan of them. They would not be in my top five bands of the sixies.thats just me. If we all liked the same things it would be a boring world. Thanks again for all u do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i grew up with the beatles and god knows i still love 'em. but after listening to them more critically in recent years i see aaron's point.
    i think they actually were seriously swinging in their early years, and you still get a couple groovy tunes on rubber soul/revolver, but after that they're either way too baroque (sgt. p, mmt) or too hip & heavy (white lp, abbey). at least a couple fun swinging pop tunes snuck into Let it Be.
    anyway, thanks for the mixtape!
    -peacenik

    ReplyDelete