Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Jerry Lee Lewis ‎"Soul My Way" 1967




It is difficult to get an idea of how many albums Jerry Lee Lewis recorded in the mid to late 60s. His best recordings are no doubt for the Smash lable in my opinion. He made a lot of groovy country rockin stuff those days, but on Soul My Way he is groovier than ever, and I guess he never recorded such a funky tune like Shotgun Man either before or after. His version of First Edition's Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) is a true killer!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I have all the Bear Family Box sets on LP and CD that has his complete output. But often it's listening to one LP at a time that is most enjoyable. This is a solid LP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Those mega-boxes are cool in a way, but they are very hard to listen to.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete