Friday, February 10, 2017

VA - Hot Shots Of Reggae 1975




This is a mixtape I made with jamaican reggae (and/or ska, rocksteady) from the year of 1975. This was not a try to do a complete or fair overview of the 1968 Jamaican music scene, it was just a try to do a swinging mixtape you can groove to - no more remarkable than that. Do the reggae!

01. Upsetters - Lizard Stick 
02. The Starlights (ft. Stanley Beckford) - Soldering 
03. Iron & The Tritters - Dread A Dread 
04. Errol Alphonso - Chant Jah Victory 
05. Bobby Kalphat - Counter Punch
06. Alton Ellis - Son Of Man
07. Susan Cadogan - Congratulations 
08. Morvin Brooks - Wire Waist Gal 
09. The Abbysinians - Love Comes And Goes
10. Soul  Foundation - Play Girl 
11. Bonnie Gayle - I Can't Change My Skin
12. Marcie Sampson - Everyday You Give
13. Milton Bull - My Baby Is Gone
14. Lloyd Clarke Sparrow - Hell & Heaven
15. Michael Anthony - Jah Jah Dread 
16. Lyn Moore & Lyn - You Don't Know 
17. Lloyd Young - Stand Up Ethiopians
18. Monty & The Shocking Heights - Love I 
19. The Admirals  - Natty Should Be Free
20. King Burnett - I Man Free 


7 comments:

  1. Yeah! On a MAJOR jamaican music kick this whole year (so far), so this comes very handy for the weekend, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always up for some Reggae. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discover your blog today... It looks fantastic !
    I think I have honey for my ears for a long long time...
    A very big thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Bobby Kalphat - Counter Punch' is the greatest jamaican 7" of all time... or is it just me???
    Nice one!

    Sut

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and it's from 1974 (nitpickin' there!)

    Sut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damned!!! ;-) Those jamaicans and YEARS :-D

      Delete
  6. Another reggae mixtape? Oh yes, please!
    Thank you.
    -Peacenik

    ReplyDelete