Monday, May 1, 2017

VA - The 1969 UK In-Sound




Well, here his two mixtapes I made with UK pop/rock/folk acts from (or was released in) 1969 (except from The Pretty Things track, wich only became a acetate?). I know there are millions of more obcure tracks out there from this year, and it was not a try to do a connoisseur-only-mix, it's just two mixtapes with groovy music that swings in my ear. I hope some of you find it listenable. Oh, by the way are Green Is The Colour the best song Pink Floyd ever recorded (now you know). Thanks.

mixtape#1
01. Bert Jansch - Poison
02. Donovan - Superlungs My Supergirl
03. Georgie Fame - Fully Booked
04. Chicken Shack - Evelyn
05. Sandie Shaw - Walking the Dog
06. Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger & The Trinity - Ellis Island
07. Thunderclap Newman - Wild Country
08. Pink Floyd - Green Is The Colour
09. Love Sculpture - People, People
10. P.J. Proby - The Day That Lorraine Came Down
11. Sweet - The Juicer
12. The Iveys - Dear Angie
13. Jack Bruce - He The Richmond
14. Al Stewart - In Brooklyn
15. The Pretty Things - Hello, How Do You Do
16. Andwellas Dream - Man Without A Name
17. The Battered Ornaments - Staggered
18. Michael Chapman - Small Stones
19. Siren - Wake Up My Children
20. Alan Hull ‎- We Can Swing Together

mixtape#2
01. The Jeff Beck Group - All Shook Up
02. Ian Green Revelation - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
03. Family - Processions
04. Nilsson - Rainmaker
05. David Bowie - God Knows I'm Good
06. Cat Stevens - Where Are You
07. The Koobas - Barricades
08. The Beatles - Something
09. Kathe Green - Tears In My Eyes
10. Web - Blues for Two T's
11. The End - Cardboard Watch
12. Humble Pie - Down Home Again
13. Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home
14. Skin Alley - Night Time
15. Fairport Convention - Book Song
16. Led Zeppelin - Thank You
17. The Rolling Stones - Monkey Man
18. East Of Eden - Isadora
19. Steamhammer - Even The Clock
20. Fleetwood Mac - Like Crying

10 comments:

  1. Hey Aaron, thanks for this. Your mixtapes are the real deal and a highlight in the blogosphere. Pulled off like a pro. How do you do it? No matter. However you do it, thanks and keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words - I'm glad you find them enjoyable:-) I don't know how I do them actually, I'm just a nerd I guess? Cheers

      Delete
  2. Little follow up - was there meant to be a track 12 in the first part? It's not in the list & it's in the rar. Just checkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your attention! Something went wrong:-) The list AND zip are now update. Cheers.

      Delete
  3. Many thanks... fantastic collation and a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mixtape, nice selection!


    I too am anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Aaron! I'm familiar with 1969 and there are plenty of tracks that I haven't heard here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this perfect mixtape, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Can't wait to get back home to get these! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for this and all your other selections - exactly what I'm in the mood for right now. Keep up the great work, you've put together a great blog for unearthing musical gems!

    ReplyDelete