Monday, June 5, 2017

Chico Freeman ‎"Kings Of Mali" 1977



Tenor saxophonist Chico Freeman was born in Chicago in 1949 and is still active, support him here. Kings Of Mali is a lovely and spiritual modern post-bop, free jazz album from 1977. The music is inspired by the african history and The Empire Of Mali, and it includes vibraphone by Jay Hoggard  and diverse "exotic" percussion from Famoudou Don Moye. This record will absolutely blow your mind, and release your soul for about half an hour. Groovy!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - thanks for watching by! :-)

      Delete
  2. One of my fav sax players. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site.
    Breakfast delivery white plains ny

    ReplyDelete