Thursday, May 12, 2016

VA - Country Groove 2: 1969-1978



A second mixtape I made inspired by the lovely compilations "Country Got Soul 1 & 2" (Casual Records), "Country Funk 1 & 2" (Light In The Attic) and "Delta Swamp Rock 1 & 2" (Soul Jazz Records). None of the songs appears on the titles I mentioned above. More volumes in this serie will come.

01. Mac Davis - A Little Less Conversation (1972)
02. Wanda Jackson - Everything's Leaving (1970)
03. Delaney & Bonnie and Friends - Dirty Old Man (1969)
04. Travis Wammack - Put On Your Shoes And Walk (1972)
05. Willie Nelson - Wake Me When It's Over (1972)
06. Carl Perkins - Power Of My Soul (1969)
07. The Amazing Rhythm Aces - The 'Ella B' (1975)
08. Chris Smither - Mail Order Mystics (1972)
09. Susan Christie - Ghost Riders in the Sky (1969)
10. Townes Van Zandt - Where I Lead Me (1972)
11. Tammy Wynette - Baby, Come Home (1971)
12. Lulu - Move To My Rhythm (1970)
13. Charlie Daniels - Life Goes On (1970)
14. Chip Taylor - I've Been Tied (1975)
15. David Allan Coe - Living On The Run (1975)
16. Bobby Bare - Hot Afternoon (1978)
17. Steve Young - Light of My Life (1976)
18. Jessi Colter - I Ain't The One (with Waylon Jennings) (1969)
19. Tony Joe White - 300 Pounds of Hongry (1972)
20. Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Watch My .38 (1972)


10 comments:

  1. Hi Aaron. So nice to be able to visit you here after stopping by TLZ for my morning dip. You have a beautiful blog and I wish you all the very best. See you again soon.

    Iggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iggy - Thank you so much, nice to see you round here:-)

      Delete
  2. I love that you chose that Doug Sahm image for your new blog's identity. He's one of those artists who gravitated to the funky junction where soul, country and the blues meld into one. Looking forward to seeing where you take the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apauling - I totaly agree with you about Doug Sahm, one of the biggest, best and coolest artist ever. I'm glad you hangin' round here:-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this and the Denny Doherty. Great tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for your new blog, Aaron. It looks great - I look forward to returning home and diving into the music here. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gyro1966. Actually there were you and RYP who inspired me to this site. Your site are VERY inspiring and you know I love hangin' in your joint;-)

      Delete
  5. My pleasure Aaron. I am going to DL everything on your blog and give them all a good listen once I return home tomorrow! They all look interesting, and your recommendation makes them all worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see your blog everyday.
    I never had time to hear your own compilations, so I've began this morning and I've enjoyed at 500%!!
    Sir Aaron great great great Thanks.

    LittleJack

    ReplyDelete