Thursday, May 12, 2016

Bob Darin "Commitment" 1969



Bob Darin may not be one of my favorite artist, I'm actually not a big enthusiast of early rock'n'roll (and pop) from the period 1956-1964 at all (except some trashy rockabilly, girlgroups and garagerock), I definitely prefer the music scene from 1965 and onwards and gladly focus on the crossovers that happened in the joint  sixties and  seventies.

In my opinion Bob Darin made some really great albums between 1968 to 1974. "Commitment" is my favorite and it's full of groovy  funky country. "Me And Mr. Hohner" from this album appears on the lovely compilation "Country Funk 2: 1967-1974".


Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog! Really dig the look and love your music choices. Well done. man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clash - thank you so much for your kind words. Keep on groovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good variety of music. Good luck with your blog. Going in my bookmarks.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snakeboy - Thanks for your support, and welcome to the groove;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to hearing Bobby get funky. I am a fan of his. The blog looks great. Seems you like the funky, soulful side of country. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for turning me onto this album. I began listening to it yesterday on my way to work and kept playing it throughout the day. Every track is great and I especially love Hey Magic Man. There's this part of the song where I can't make out the lyric and I was hoping you or anyone who knew the song could clear it up for me. The verse begins, lunacy lives nobody gives and it's the part after that I'm not clear on. In any event, thanks again for this great record..

    ReplyDelete