Thursday, August 10, 2017

Woody Herman ‎"Light My Fire" 1969



Woody Herman was one of the biggest and most famous jazz clarinetists (and also alto and soprano saxophone) and band leaders of jazz music from the last century. He started to play jazz in the 1930s already, the rest is history. In the late 60s and early 70s he was flirting (as many other jazz musicians) with the "pop" audience. In my opinion Light My Fire from 1969, released by then very hip Cadet Records, is his grooviest and most funky album (almost every track is an pop original with a groovy twist), lovely soul-jazz all over, a couple of ehe tracks has some kind of "big band" feel that I'm not that delighted with. This album has over the years been pretty tricky to come by, and what I know the album never been released on cd, not even in Japan, wich is a mystery to me. Groovy!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much.
    Do you have maybe other releases from Woody on Cadet records?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I did not own any of those releases, I would like to hear them as well:-)

      Delete